Senior Electrical Engineer
Website Canopy Growth
Senior Electrical Engineer
Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes
inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are looking for a very organized and detail-oriented problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to join our research and development team. This individual will design and develop electronic components and assemblies for best in class medical and consumer hardware as well as define and execute test cases to ensure that the developed products meet the requirements and are of the quality expected of an industry leader.
- Design, build, and test high volume medical and consumer electronics
- Develop product design concepts, select electronic components, capture schematics, layout PCBs, debug prototype hardware, and optimize designs for cost and performance
- Drive regulatory testing and approvals
- Maintain and optimize product bill of materials
- Produce teardown and competitive analysis reports
- Mentor junior team members
- Travel internationally and domestically as required
- 7 years of experience in electronic product design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in electronics design, test, and debug of high volume IOT, medical, or consumer products
- Experience troubleshooting electronic circuits – utilizing oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and other specialized test equipment
- Experience with Orcad, Allegro, Altium, or equivalent design software
- Experience interfacing with cross functional teams such mechanical, electronic, signal-integrity, and manufacturing engineers
- Experience working with standards, processes, and work procedures in a structured design environment
- Experience as a project lead, team lead, or subject matter expert
- Experience in rapid prototype and validation of electronic designs
- Excellent communication skills
- Mandarin an asset
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.