Intermediate Mobile App Developer
Website Canopy Growth
Intermediate Mobile App Developer
Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes
inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
As an Intermediate Mobile App Developer, you will participate in research, design and documentation – and then craft these requirements into functional, and practical mobile applications. We are crafting consumer facing mobile interfaces which will have an extensive and enthusiastic user base.
- Write great code that conforms with best practices on iOS and Android platforms
- Work collaboratively or individually within the R&D team to deliver custom app projects
- Deliver coding expertise across all stages of the project lifecycle from concept to deployment
- Keep knowledge current through independent learning and community events
- Execute testing processes & implement optimizations to improve app performance
- Develop with user experience in mind – making adjustments and tweaks based on research, testing, and other user touch-points
- Other duties as assigned
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is required
- Mobile (iOS and/or Android) development experience, and experience working with a variety of third party API’s & SDK’s.
- 3-5 years experience with React/React-Native
- 1-2 years experience working with SWIFT
- 1-2 years experience working with Java
- Experience with GitHub Source Control and JIRA
- Experience with web services/APIs to interact between mobile apps and web-based content
- Experience with open-source web-based CMS’
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.