Website Canopy Growth
Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes
inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are looking for a very organized and detail-oriented problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to join our research and development team. This individual will be an integral part of our team and play a key role in ensuring that our products are designed and built on time and on budget with best in class efficiency, performance and product quality.
- Plan and design production area layout, determine equipment needs and resource requirements
- Develop and document production processes, work instructions and SOPs
- Recommend methods to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Support decision-making by calculating production, labor and material costs
- Conduct studies of the reliability and performance of equipment/machinery and production systems/processes
- Establish relationships with key suppliers for equipment and materials relevant to specific project needs
- Work closely with QA to generate Factory Acceptance Test Criteria and in commissioning new equipment
- Develop preventative maintenance standards, schedules and programs for new equipment.
- Conduct studies to enhance industrial health and safety or to identify and correct hazards
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team
- Travel domestically and internationally travel as required
- Travel as required between Kanata and Smiths Falls
- Experience in Electro-mechanical design and engineering
- Experience in process analysis and modelling
- Experience in commissioning new manufacturing production equipment
- Experience generating test cases to validate production requirements
- Experience is process safety and risk assessment
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with Solidworks, AutoCAD or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable to a wide variety of challenges and able to learn quickly
- Strong time and management skills
- Self-starting and highly effective working independently and within a team
- Working knowledge of GMP facility operations is an asset
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.