Senior Mechanical Engineer
Website Canopy Growth
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes
inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are looking for a very organized and detail-oriented problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to join our research and development team. This individual will design and develop mechanical components and assemblies for best in class medical and consumer hardware as well as define and execute test cases to ensure that the developed products meet the requirements and are of the quality expected of an industry leader.
- Be responsible for designing and testing electro-mechanical products
- Create innovative new product designs from concept to production
- Coordinate in-house prototype builds, including the testing, evaluating and issuing of project reports
- Maintain standards for technical drawings, internal specifications and related engineering documentation
- Evaluate, validate and approve ECOs
- Work with sales/marketing and customers to understand and document product development requirements
- Maintain project logs and engineering status and task reports
- Lead weekly status meetings as required
- Oversee, and support the introduction of new and existing projects to foreign and domestic manufacturing facilities providing concise direction related to fabrication, assembly and testing
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team
- Domestic and international travel as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience with CAD design (Solidworks, CATIA, Pro/E, etc.)
- Proficient in 3D design of plastic parts, injection molding, compression molded parts, graphic overlays, and flex assemblies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 6 years experience
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Able to learn quickly and easily adapt to a wide variety of challenges
- Highly organized time management skills – you’re able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- A problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent relationship management skills
- A self-starter, highly effective working independently and within a team
- Ability to communicate complicated subjects written and verbally
- Excellent communication skills
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.