Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
This position can be located at any of our Canadian office locations.
We are looking for an Application Analyst
What Ceridian Can Offer You [Perks of Joining our Team]
– Collaborate with the brightest team in Human Capital Management
– Flat hierarchy: work, eat, and engage with company execs
– Ceridian offers the best of both worlds – the excitement of working in a growing startup environment, combined with the opportunities of a large organization
– Flexible vacation and comprehensive benefits plan
– Employee driven career path; Top Talent, Career Talk, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, Mentorship, & Job Rotation are just some of the People programs we have to help you advance your career
– Fun@Work; Company and Department social events, stocked lunch rooms (free pop/juice and subsidized snacks), foosball/shuffle board, sports teams, office sports teams and subsidized fitness programs to keep you active
– Bring your whole self to work; casual dress code, a diverse workforce, and some of the greatest people around to make your work day better!
What an Application Analyst is Responsible for [Day in the life]:
As an Application Analyst you will be responsible for delivering exceptional B2B application support to Ceridian’s clients. This includes using your strong analytical and problem solving skills to efficiently resolve incidents while maintaining the highest level of client satisfaction.
Because customer focus is in your DNA, you will work directly with client administrators as well as collaborate with your team members and other internal teams to champion client priorities and drive incidents to closure. You will combine strong technical and functional problem solving skills with a keen business sense to deliver top notch, client-focused support. Your clients will praise your ability to provide them with regular and timely incident updates.
You will have the opportunity to further improve our ability to support our customers by contributing to the support knowledgebase, as well as play a part in the improvement of our application by reproduce and meticulously documenting software defects. You may get involved with a wide variety of operational projects including; monitoring and maintaining client production environments, technical programming and scripting tasks, enhancing the customer support experience and optimizing internal processes and procedures. Whether you are answering incoming client calls or working on-call, your colleagues will appreciate and share in your willingness to jump at the opportunity to support your team and customers where you are needed the most.
Why This is an Important Position at Ceridian:
– Ceridian wins when our customers win
– You get to contribute to our customer’s success
– You get the opportunity to support our award winning cloud enterprise HCM application
Skills/Experience We Value:
– ‘I got this’ mentality and optimism; the ability to rise to a variety of challenges with superior communication, organizational, and problem solving skills that instill confidence in our customers
– It’s not just about working hard; you know how to celebrate success both customer and team wins (Go Karting, Archery, Bubble Soccer, & Nintendo Wii dance offs are just a few ways we inject a fun and a positive vibe through out our team)
– Collaborative work ethic; tackle a creative problem over a game of shuffle board, or network with colleagues from other locations at the end of the work day by joining one of our employee run sports teams! This is a tight knit team of customer focus individuals
– Ability to work flexible hours and a willingness to work on-call if required
– Recent Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
– Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
– Familiarity with Microsoft Server Technologies (e.g. IIS, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server)
– Object Oriented Programming is a nice to have
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.