Manager Development, Core Architecture
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
About the Position:
Reporting to the Dayforce Architecture team’s Director of Product Development, this role is responsible for leading the Dayforce Core Architecture team in delivering innovative, high quality software solutions.
The Dayforce Core Architecture team is a scrum team comprised of highly technical, hands-on software professionals who focus on building performant, scalable and secure core components and frameworks and customer-facing technical features (e.g. SSO). The team enhances the maintainability and supportability of the Dayforce product by building environment, deployment, and operational management applications and tools. The team also provides technical leadership and stewardship of the Dayforce product architecture.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team-oriented people who want to work in an agile environment and believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
– Provide servant leadership to a high performing, self-organizing scrum team
– Cultivate an open, collaborative and agile team environment and culture
– Define and focus the team on clear goals and priorities in support of department and company objectives
– Guide the team in continuously improving their software development processes and ability to deliver
– Manage direct reports, including providing regular feedback, managing performance, supporting career development, and ensuring team members have what they need to be successful
– Support the team in providing technical leadership to the rest of the development organization
– Communicate and coordinate across development teams, product management, and with customers and business partners such as Hosting and Support
– Seasoned software development professional with significant experience in enterprise software development across the software development and delivery life cycle
– Strong understanding of agile software delivery approaches
– Experience managing software development teams using agile methods
– Experience managing people
– Experience in leading complex projects
– Strong communication, collaboration, and critical thinking skills
– Ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams
– BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related fields
– Programming experience and technical expertise in the Java or Microsoft development stacks are a plus
– Experience with microservices architectures and Cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS is a plus
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.