Cloud Software Developer – Azure
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
We are looking for a Cloud Software Developer to join our Dayforce Advanced Analytics team in the R&D organization for designing and implementing new products and features as well as enhancing existing solutions. Developers collaborate with an energetic team of QA Analysts, Test Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and well-engineered. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
– Analyze, design, prototype, program, test, troubleshoot and support – the complete software life ycle in your hands!
– Envision and deliver new features by working, as part of a high-performing scrum team, with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce developers
– Create and enhance a scalable SaaS enterprise application
– Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functionality is added
– Take part in code reviews
– Collaborate with other developers and share knowledge
– Experienced Azure cloud developer with focus in data pipeline architecture including:
– Implementation knowledge of transformation technologies such as Databricks
– Hands-on experience with pipeline building tools such as Data Factory and Azure Functions
– Building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for management
– 2+ years of experience with a modern object-oriented language (C#, Java)
– Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems for data warehousing.
– Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration within an Agile development team
– Intellectual curiosity and a passion for technology
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Good to have:
– Experience with or desire to work in an agile development environment
– Experience working with SaaS products
– Typescript and Stylus are desired assets
– Embedding Power BI experience
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.