Ethernet Standards Expert
Our IP Network Solution Division in Canada will play a leading role in researching new Network Architecture, New technology and delivering innovation solutions for the future IP networks (Core/Metro/RAN).
We are in search an Ethernet Standards Expert
What you are responsible for:
- Focusing on IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Optical PHY standard and technology, the main responsibility would be overall work in Ethernet PHY standards, with clear goals and strategy such as promoting new projects and acquiring key positions in standardization organizations.
- Performing daily engineering work to support these goals, including but not limited to research, trend analysis, key patents layout in related areas, and drafting proposals and contributions in standard organization.
- Closely following and analyzing the trend of Ethernet physical layer technologies, especially in optical solution (IM-DD/Coherent) and standards and the progress of the industry. Promoting and investigating key advanced technologies, keeping involvement in planning, developing and supporting work for optical module related chips, components, products and platforms.
- Supporting customers from standards activities perspective, including technical exchanges, cooperation and joint innovation, to ultimately support marketing planning and market expansion.
What you will have:
- Have supporting team from China, to build business objectives and R&D schedule for whole team;
To get support from HQ in case of technology, organization running etc.
Free to visit our global customers so as to understand their requirements;
Free to visit product development team so as to understand implementation details and to build feasible architecture solution;
- Master’s degree or above, preferred in scientific and engineering majors, such as communication technologies, optical or electronic engineering and computer engineering, with eight years or more work experience.
- Familiar with optical communication systems, with knowledge in data communication network and technologies.
- Five years or more experience in Ethernet optical PHY related product development, optical systems and modules design, or chips design, especially coherent technology.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, with strong and efficient communication skills as standard activity required.
- Familiar with standards such as IEEE 802.3, ITU-T G.698.x/G.709.x, and OIF PLL.
- Keen technology insights and strong learning skills
- Interest in and ability to internationally travel.
- Teamwork oriented, with ability to work in cross-cultural environment.