Optical System Architect
Our award winning team provides leading edge serial interface (SerDes) solutions to Huawei worldwide. Join one of the strongest and most successful SerDes development teams in the world and largest mixed signal IC design team in Canada. Work in an enthusiastic and motivated environment on the bleeding edge of technology. Enjoy unlimited access to latest CMOS nodes and HW and SW development tools.
In this role, you will be working as Systems Engineer in a team environment conducting research and development into next generation high-speed interfaces and signal integrity systems (aka SerDes, PHY, HSS, wireline transceivers, optical transceivers) in deep submicron FinFET technologies.
Specific duties include architecture definition, modeling, system level simulation and performance analysis of high speed interfaces and signal integrity systems.
Contribute to architect and drive specifications of circuits such as receive equalizers and adaptive equalization algorithms, PLLs, ADC-DSP systems, Serializers and Deserializers, optical and wireline transceivers.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in SerDes wireline, optical or wireless communications systems
- Strong, hands-on experience using Matlab, Simulink for wireline or wireless system modeling is a must
- Fundamental knowledge in short range modules such as 100m VCSEL laser on MMF fiber, 10km/40km DML/EML lasers on SMF fiber
- Able to model laser driver, lasers, PD, TIA behaviors with Matlab or optical modeling tools is definitely a plus
- Clear skills in both written and oral communication, and ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams spanning multiple locations around the world
- PHD or MASc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- DSP knowledge and design experience is a strong plus
- Background in analog or RF design and wireline transceivers is a strong plus
- Experience in deep submicron or FinFET technologies is a plus
- Hands-on knowledge of firmware or software development and test support is a plus