Content and Social Media Specialist
Martello is looking for the next member of its Marketing Team. If you’re a ‘content machine’ who loves to write, has an eagle editing eye and knows how to get more eyes on the content you’ve created, let’s talk! The qualified candidate will play a pivotal role in crafting a cohesive content and SEO strategy for Martello. A content generation machine, this role will work closely with both internal and external collaborators to develop content in a variety of forms and for many different audiences including partners, customers, investors and employees. This role also requires an editor’s critical eye as they will need to conceptualize and produce content assets that resonate with viewers across earned, owned and paid platforms – all with the aim of driving Martello’s overall business goals.
It will also include implementing social media strategies to achieve Martello’s marketing and sales targets. Managing, creating and publishing the content on appropriate social platforms in addition to administering all company social media accounts to ensure up-to-date content. This role will also include engaging with appropriate online partners and Industry Influencers to build a robust online community. Knowledge of SEO including research and analysis to help improve Martello’s website ranking on search engines like Google etc is also key.
You should apply if you want to:
- Cultivate content marketing strategies targeted at driving traffic, engagement, generating leads, delivering sales, retaining customers and building brand awareness. Content can include: product collateral, eBooks, infographics, press releases, campaign emails, customer newsletters, presentations, blogs and our website.
- Create and maintain both content and editorial blog calendars for the company which includes production of these materials.
- Identify gaps in Martello’s content and recommend new topics or cutting-edge content mediums to pursue.
- Maintain and create content for Martello’s website and ensure that that content is well optimized for SEO, ensuring keywords for SEO that help connect searchers to our site. This would include conducting keyword and SEO research to understand customers’ requirements.
- Manage the execution of our webinar strategy including, abstracts, emails, speaker notes and webinar content.
- Be responsible for ruthless proofreading and the editing written pieces before publication and look at editorial options to extent the reach of our existing content.
- Craft and schedule social media posts and curate a library of evergreen posts to promote Martello content. This would also include following industry-related news and generate ideas and social media content around trending topics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A university degree in Marketing or Journalism in addition to 4 years related experience.
- Proven work experience as a Content Specialist or similar marketing role.
- Exceptional content creation, writing, editing, and proof-reading skills.
- SEO Keyword optimization knowledge, familiarity with the guidelines and keyword research tools.
- Experience leveraging social media for business and community building.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, media monitoring services and media relations contact databases, Adobe Cloud product suite.
- Working knowledge of the Go-To-Webinar platform, WordPress and Smarter Queue.
- Ability to work with all levels of the company.