Software / IT Coop Student
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Period: 4-8 months
MDA provides product generation and analytical services using remote sensing data for a large commercial base. We use proprietary software packages to generate these products in a Linux environment, and are developing cloud-based solutions for targeted customers. This position will develop methods to provide and/or enhance cloud-based delivery and processing of radar imagery data from MDA’s RADARSAT-2 satellite, as well as cloud-based emulation of MDA’s internal production environment.
The Ottawa office is seeking a student with a focus in Computer Science for a 4-8 month term to support cloud-based transition of MDA’s data transfer, processing and production services. We require a coop who is able to perform programming and scripting for satellite radar data processing; who is able to implement interfaces between software programs; and who is able to learn cloud architectures for data transfer, storage protection, processing and production environments
- Develop within Python and C++-based cloud implementations of processing methods;
- Develop a service to manage and track data transfer operations;
- Understand and improve data security architectures in a cloud-based platform.
- Working towards a Computer Science oriented degree;
- Proven programming and scripting skills, preferably within scientific applications;
- The preferred candidate will have experience in Python programming, scripting and Linux;
- Experience in C++, is an asset;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is an asset;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidate must be eligible to obtain Reliability Security Clearance.