Application Engineering Manager
Come work with us!
Global manufacturers rely on Pleora’s real-time sensor interface products, standards knowledge, and systems expertise in mission-critical applications for the industrial automation, medical, and military markets. Our solutions help system and device manufacturers bring new offerings to market quickly, while reducing risk and lowering costs.
Do you enjoy the combination of working with customers and solving technical issues while inspiring and managing people? Are you a player and a coach? Do you work best in a fast-paced environment? Do you thrive on contributing to the success of others? If so, we’d like to hear from you. The mandate of the Application Engineering team is to ensure customer success through responsive and quality pre- and post-sales support to Pleora’s customers. This includes working closely with Sales to provide technical clarity to prospective and existing customers and resolving any challenges integrating Pleora’s products into their systems; and R&D to participate in the product development cycle to ensure products meet customer quality expectations. In this role, you will lead and manage a global team of engineers and monitor and improve upon all activities and frameworks in support of this mandate while ensuring the team’s objectives and priorities are corporately aligned.
What you will do:
• Lead the Applications Engineering team to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
• Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with Pleora’s mission, vision, and values
• Mentor, coach, and develop staff and provide career and professional development opportunities
• Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for debate over ideas and the appreciation of diversity, while encouraging cohesiveness and working effectively together to enable each employee and the team to succeed
• Plan, direct, implement, and oversee the operations of the work group, its employees, and systems to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness
• Establish and report on KPIs to the management team
• Ensure customer satisfaction targets are maintained and improved through timely and satisfactory technical support provided by the Application Engineering team
• Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the work group
• Evaluate and improve the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output
• Plan and allocate resources to accomplish departmental productivity and quality goals
• Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with Pleora’s policies and procedures
• Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the work group
• Accountable for the development and implementation of metrics to assess the success of the workgroup
• Communicate regularly with R&D and Sales to ensure customer issues and feedback are funneled back to stakeholders
• Design frameworks, tools, and processes for various programs and activities to ensure optimal efficiency and value, i.e.
Improvements to the support tool used by the Application Engineering team
Forum for customer interaction
Customer technical feedback
Knowledgebase article creation
Customer system builds and POC interactions
Support entitlement processes
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Plan, manage, and improve customer onboarding to ensure the success of new customers
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in systems, software or hardware engineering
• 10+ years’ experience in a technical customer facing role
• 5 years’ experience managing a customer support team (pre-sales and post-sales)
• Demonstrated success leading a team
• Proven ability to coach, develop and empower staff
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to develop and manage achievable work plans
• Results driven and a self-starter
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to understand the commercial value and use of a product
Apply now to this amazing Application Engineering Manager opportunity. This job is located in Ottawa (Kanata) office. Please apply through our BambooHR link @ https://www.pleora.com/about-us/working-at-pleora/. We’ll review your application and have HR connect with you if you’re a good fit! We sincerely thank you for your interest.
Pleora will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.