Come work with us!
Global manufacturers rely on Pleora’s real-time sensor interface products, standards knowledge, and systems expertise in mission-critical applications for the industrial automation, medical, and military markets. Our solutions help system and device manufacturers bring new offerings to market quickly, while reducing risk and lowering costs.
Pleora is seeking a Quality Manager (QM) to promote the quality management systems (QMS) (e.g. ISO 9001) throughout the company. As the QM you will have “eyes like a hawk” to assure the highest quality of our products and services to help support the long-term success of our business. Ultimately, if the effectiveness of the quality management system is at risk, you are responsible to alert the Executive Team.
You will provide technical leadership to the Quality Engineering team responsible for new product introduction, quality, and production testing. You will ensure consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice systems. You will collaborate with the R&D team to ensure engineering designs result in quality products, and manufacturing and training methods. Do you thrive on contributing to the success of others? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What you do:
Technical leadership of Quality Engineering:
• Lead and provide direction and technical leadership to the Quality Engineering team focused on new product introduction, quality, and production testing
• Coach and direct the team to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with both internal and external customers, driving improved customer service
• Interface with the customers on quality related matters, and lead technical investigation of customer reported quality issues
• Manage Return Material Authorization (RMA) process
• Collaborate with hardware engineering to support new design, and provide resources and recommendations for new product launches, ensuring DFT and DFM best practices are followed
• Support system/process improvements in R&D and Supply Chain & Manufacturing
• Accountable for quality deliverables in the Product Life Cycle (PLC) process of product implementation and maturity
• Oversee and conduct in-process and finished product inspections; and quality checks
• Develop and maintain processes to identify and respond to component lifecycle changes that impact Pleora’s products
• Establish, monitor, and report to senior management product quality KPIs
Managing Pleora’s QMS:
• Ensure Pleora maintains quality standards (e.g. ISO 9001)
• Determine QMS system improvements, and implement change
• Develop, implement, and maintain documents and procedures in compliance with industry standards
• Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations
• Audit manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with the company and customer’s quality management policies, standards, and specifications
• Complete internal as well as vendor and supplier audits
• Participate in customer and 3rd party audits
• Find and solve quality problems through root cause analysis and resolves corrective action requests (CARs)
• Identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
• Achieve quality management operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews
What you need:
• Degree in electrical engineering or relevant field; or combination of education and industry related experience
• 10+ years of experience in an engineering quality related role
• 5+ years’ experience as a quality manager or relevant role managing QMS systems
• Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality management and standards
• Demonstrated failure analysis, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Excellent organizational, leadership, project management and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to interact well and coach team members.
• Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
• Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
• Certification of quality control is a strong asset (e.g. ISO 9001:2015, or other quality certifications as required)
Apply now to this amazing job opportunity. This job is located in Ottawa (Kanata) office. Please apply through our BambooHR link @ https://www.pleora.com/about-us/working-at-pleora/. We’ll review your application and have HR connect with you if you’re a good fit! We sincerely thank you for your interest.
Pleora will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.