Software Engineering Manager
Come work with us!
Global manufacturers rely on Pleora’s real-time sensor interface products, standards knowledge, and systems’ expertise in mission-critical applications for the industrial automation, medical, and security and defense markets. Our solutions help system and device manufacturers bring new offerings to market quickly, while reducing risk and lowering costs.
About the job:
Pleora is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our R&D organization to help guide and grow our dynamic software team and ever-evolving product line. This position requires a strong leader who can guide the team to deliver innovative products of great quality and develop the team both collectively and individually. The successful candidate will be working alongside R&D managers and other technical leaders, as well as product managers and customer support teams, to lead, maintain and deliver Pleora’s next generation of products.
What you will be doing:
• Oversee the planning, design and implementation of software engineering projects, developing schedules and managing both employees and other resources
• Collaborate closely with Product Management and other technical leaders to develop Pleora’s next generation of products
• Lead a varied team of software and firmware developers, including management of development needs and resource planning
• Maintain responsibility for Pleora’s software development processes; ensure compliance with processes that reflect industry best practices and are aligned with the company’s core goals
• Prepare requirements and manage sub-contract resources required for projects
• Understand, manage, and mitigate technical risks to ensure project success
• Other duties as required of the job
Experience & Education you will need:
• Engineering degree; or a combination of education and working experience
• Minimum of 10 years of previous experience in a software engineering role
• At least 3 years of supervisory experience
• Solid knowledge of software development practices, methodologies, tools and technologies
• Ability to provide direction and oversight to a wide range of software projects, from web-based front and back end projects to highly user-interface driven applications to low-level firmware
• Excellent internal and external communications skills
• Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration and test of mission critical systems and hardware
• Experience working with customers, subcontractors and vendors in various levels, technical and business relationship engagements
• Must have strong organization and documentation skills
• Capable of working in a fast paced environment, under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
Apply now to this amazing career opportunity in Kanata, Ontario. If you have the experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. Please apply through our BambooHR link @ https://www.pleora.com/about-us/working-at-pleora/. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest.