Marketing Automation Specialist (Job Req. #2020-178)
Demonstration Artist & Training Specialist – Overdrive
The Demonstration Artist and Training Specialist is responsible for performing training of Ross products, solutions and integration at client locations globally. The position requires above average knowledge on Ross Switchers and automation system, Overdrive.
This front-line individual is responsible for managing customer expectations, completing required documentation, providing end user operational training and ensuring integrity of the training experience. This key individual works closely with our Sales and Demonstration Artist Team to ensure delivery of the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Perform on-site, off-site, online/remote customer demonstrations
- Assist the Overdrive and Switcher Product team with content creation, organization and technical execution of major trade shows throughout the year
- Responsible for the operational and technical integrity of both the demo and training experience and offer effective solutions for areas of improvement in-house and online
- Set up demo equipment, assist with set-up and prepare/test gear prior to demos
- Advise the Sales and Marketing Product Management (MPM) groups regarding current industry trends and customer feedback
- Maintain above average knowledge base and skill set in the functionality and demonstration of all system features for Overdrive and Switcher Solutions
- Develop demonstration techniques, methods and materials for use by other demo staff
- Perform on-site, off-site and online/remote customer training
- Provide internal training for Ross staff
- Maintain training equipment, assist with set-up and prepare/test gear prior to training sessions
- Assist in the development of Overdrive & Switcher customer training methods, materials and techniques
- Provide feedback to the Overdrive & Switcher MPM & TPM on product operation, features and roadmap
- Participate in the review process for upcoming software feature lists
- Champion customer needs, notably operational features, roll-out and training methods as well as future feature requirements
- Actively participate in Ross’ user forums, steer key discussions and assist Overdrive and Switcher users
You should have experience with:
- Post-secondary degree related to television broadcast or appropriate work experience in a broadcast/post/corporate video environment using Overdrive.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in training required or 5 years’ experience operating
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of graphic design, production, customer needs and applications
- Experience in the selling and marketing process for broadcast equipment is very useful
- Experience with Overdrive or Ross Switcher operation for live events
- Knowledge of use of Ross Video products and a willingness to learn how to demonstrate and train on these products, notably: Overdrive & Ross Switcher/Vision mixers
- Organized and very detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing environments
- Experience in the selling and marketing process for broadcast equipment is ideal
- Fluent in English with additional languages a bonus
- Maximum 80% international travel is required and flexible schedule
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.