WHAT’S IN THE JOB?
Be part of a cross-functional team that is designing, developing and testing distributed, scalable and highly available applications, tools and services that tie together live video production technology across multiple locations. We are building software that will revolutionize the industry by leveraging a move to distributed architecture and cloud-based infrastructure. As part of this, we are seeking a Product Verification Specialist to guide product quality and ensure all software components provide a reliable, user-friendly and performant experience for our customers. The successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement and automated tests for regression and new features.
- Develop a comprehensive test plan and test cases based on new product features, customer requirements or identified problems
- Identify test scenarios that are critical and repetitive and automate them
- Report bugs with quality descriptions and work closely with the development team to see through and verify fixes
- Develop integration tests in collaboration with other product teams to ensure interoperability and a smooth end-to-end workflow for end-users
- Support ongoing software development efforts which means participating in Agile based SDLC – requirements gathering, scoping, design, implementation, documentation, testing and maintenance
- Good understanding of testing at scale, performance and software reliability
- Knowledge of one or more test automation tools such as Selenium, JUnit, Robot Framework, JMeter and Cucumber
- Desire and ability to reach out to other teams, visit customers and learn how software is used in a live video production environment
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style
- Ability to function in both Windows, Linux and MacOS environments
Preferred qualifications (the following skills are not required but would be considered assets):
- Experience with live video production technology – if you have directed a live event, worked with a production switcher, operated a television camera or been in broadcast IT – consider it a bonus (but it is not a requirement for this role)
- Experience automating test cases (API level testing and user-level automation)
- Experience utilizing tools and scripts to test and optimize performance
- Experience with Docker and VMWare
- Intermediate experience in Linux is an asset
- Experience in benchmarking and performance testing enterprise level web based, distributed applications
- Jira experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with Git is an asset
- Ability and desire to travel – not a requirement for this role but the opportunity may present itself if you enjoy interacting with and learning from your end-users as a product expert
WHY WORK FOR ROSS VIDEO?
Because we can help you flourish. You will get to develop and deliver cutting edge technological solutions for the news and entertainment industry. You will be part of the Ross Video team working together to make that happen, and we find that a pretty energizing environment to be a part of.
We value our people and listen to their feedback. We also offer great perks, flexible hours, free coffee and soft drinks (and a commercial espresso machine for when you need that extra jolt), team building events, BBQs, and other fun activities. You’ll also get to work on real-world projects that have a meaningful impact to our customers and are in use all over the world, every day.
WE’RE GROWING FAST
That means we are always looking for better ways to adapt our work environment and processes to meet the high demands of our customers. Our roles morph, we volunteer for extra tasks, we all care a lot about helping good things happen. If you don’t like change, you’re in the wrong place. But if you do, then you can be part of an incredible journey.