Indirect Tax Analyst (Job Req. #2021-002)
Indirect Tax Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Tax and Compliance, you will be a key member of our Corporate Finance team! In this newly created position, you will be responsible for tax return preparations as well as completion of compliance reporting globally. The complexity of the global indirect tax obligations continues to evolve & grow, both with changing legislation and our own corporate growth, making this an exciting, challenging, and dynamic opportunity!
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- File all US State, County & District Sales and Use tax returns for various companies before 20th business day of the month.
- Manage the preparation of the annual non-employee compensation reporting for all companies
- Global Statistics reporting
- Assist with the annual filing of US Gross Business Tax returns and US Annual returns.
- Manage requirements for State, County & Secretary of State Registrations
- Prepare & file all Canadian HST, QST, and Sales Tax returns
- Assist with issuing purchase exemption certificates for US Sales Tax
- Ensure proper documentation collected across all companies to negate withholding requirements on work performed by non-residents (W8Ben, W9).
- Prepare International Indirect tax reporting, EC Sales
- Listings, Intrastat reporting for review by manager
- Assist with recoveries of Indirect tax for parent company on temporary shipments
- Work with Credit & Collections to ensure alignment with product classes and appropriate taxing
- Work with credit & collections to ensure European reverse charge statements are correctly recorded
- Participate in any government audits related to Indirect tax
- Assist Director with various projects
- Maintains Indirect tax provisions and explanatory notes; makes recommendations to Director respecting possible provision changes
- Responds to Indirect tax inquiries from colleagues
- Assist with managing corporate tax installments globally
You should have experience with:
- University degree or College diploma in Accounting/Business Administration
- Minimum 1 to 3 years experience of indirect taxation.
- Audit experience preferably related to Indirect taxes
- Base knowledge of applicable tax laws and regulations in various jurisdiction as well as strong excel skills.
- Exposure to Indirect tax garnered through completion of
- Indirect tax courses
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tax & finance applications software. Familiarity with and able to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) and other business applications.
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.