IT Help Desk Technician (Job Req. #2021-063)
IT Helpdesk Technician
Working in the corporate Information Technology team located in Iroquois, the IT Help Desk Technician will have worldwide responsibilities to support every area of our rapidly growing employee base with key focus on supporting and deploying Windows, Linux and macOS desktops and laptops. You will maintain and contribute to the software compliance and physical asset control. You will be part of a core team that directly contributes to Ross Video’s success.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Front line support for 850+ users in an international multi-site mixed-OS network environment
- Responsible for providing optimal incident response times and escalations
- Ensures software compliance initiatives are maintained and followed
- Optimizes desktop and laptop build process to reduce manual intervention and streamline processes
- Troubleshoot endpoint, or system failures
- Liaise with external providers where appropriate
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support company operations after core business hours.
You should have the following:
- Background in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant experience.
- 2-5yrs hands on experience in a fast-paced Help Desk environment
- Solid knowledge of Windows, macOS and Linux
- Operating Systems with a PC hardware background
- Understanding of O365 and Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to adapt and accelerate in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Team player but able to work independently
- Organized, thorough, and very detail orientated
- High initiative and well-developed research skills
- Technical, mechanical, hands-on person
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, a reliable vehicle is a must
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience in a research and development environment is an asset
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.