As a Test Development Technologist, you will work collaboratively to create and develop test plans and suites from the PCBA to the system level with primary focus on electromechanical products within our Robotic Camera Systems portfolio.
With emphasis on automation, these suites are deployed to the various test stages within the manufacturing facility for product verification, configuration, and data collection. Reporting to the Test Development Manager, this position is located at our Manufacturing and Test facility in Iroquois, ON.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
Includes but not limited to:
- In concert with the Senior Test Development Technologists, you will design, develop, and implement test tools, processes and procedures for Electromechanical products at all levels of test and verification. Test levels include PCBA, sub-system, system and sales configuration.
- Collaboration and consultation with the Test Development Team and R&D to establish test plans which focus on hardware validation ensuring product meets expected quality and specifications. The goals include test consistency, accuracy, thoroughness, speed, and reuse/adaptation of test tool designs.
- Provide and maintain support documentation for Test Development and Production teams.
- Assist in identifying and isolating design and build problems for Production and RMAs (customer returns).
- Technical support to all levels and stages of manufacturing.
- Feedback engineering change suggestions that may improve, quality, performance and testability.
- Upon release of Engineering Change Orders (ECO), implement relevant changes to any procedures, scripts or processes.
- Advise and make recommendations to management to facilitate better choice making and planning.
You should have:
- University degree or 3-year College diploma in Electromechanics.
- Minimum 2 years experience in design and implementation of test strategies such as functional testing, performance testing, stress testing and system testing.
- Excellent understanding of encoder and servomotor operation and its technology.
- Operational and troubleshooting experience with gear and belt drives.
- Solid electronic circuit knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent understanding of communication protocols and interconnects such as CAN, TCP/IP, RS232, USB, Ethernet and their electrical characteristics.
- Hands-on experience with various MS OS (Windows) configuration and Linux.
- Programming/scripting experience in C, C++, AutoIt, TCL or equivalents.
- Knowledge of computer networking configuration.
- Operational knowledge of oscilloscopes and DVMs.
- Self-starter, quick learner and can work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and project deadlines
- High initiative and well developed analytical, problem solving, communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Ability to cope with varying levels of support AND documentation.
- Able to envision the entire project and look for problem areas
- Organized and very detail orientated
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Knowledge of Broadcast Video and Audio standards (SMPTE).
- Knowledge of schematic capture and layout tools
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.