Community Specialist (Job Req. #2021-060)
Ross Video has one of the largest and most comprehensive portfolios of solutions in live production and communicate with a diverse range of audiences every day. From broadcast professionals to content creators working in Sports, E-sports, Houses of Worship, Education and Corporate environments, Ross has the experience and expertise to help customers deliver more compelling video content. To support our growth and expansion, we now have a need for a Community Manager to work within our Corporate Marketing team, helping ensure we engage with our various audiences appropriately and consistently.
With a particular emphasis on social media, this role reports to the Communications Director and will suit an articulate self-starter who has first-class communication skills and the ability to manage a busy and fluid workload.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Work with the Communications Director to build a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
- Manage all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, and work with Regional Marketing Managers to ensure that appropriate content is delivered
- Plan content and delivery and use tools like HubSpot and Sprout Social to manage multiple social media channels
- Identify and then form and develop relationships with influencers across different social media platforms and different vertical markets
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote the company’s Brand Ambassador scheme within the company
- Contribute to the creation of engaging blog posts and articles
- Contribute to the creation of engaging multimedia content and/or outsource this effectively
- Assist with the production of internal and external newsletters and other editorial content
- Work with Campaign Managers to help develop marketing campaign material and translate this into online activities to support the campaign plans
You should have:
- Post-secondary education – College level Writing, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Demonstrated compelling writing ability (please provide samples/links with resume)
- Organized and very detail orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal, observational, and analytical skills.
- Self-starter, quick learner and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous experience working in the hi-tech industry
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.