Industrial Designer (Job Req. #2021-088)
WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you’ve ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you’ve seen our products in use. All the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN THE JOB?
We are looking for a talented industrial designer who will work across teams to establish an industrial design identity for Ross Video hardware including servers, control surfaces, robots, and more. You will have significant opportunity to establish design practices and procedures in collaboration with the rest of the UX team. You’ll collaborate with product managers, mechanical engineers, product marketing, and corporate marketing to gather feedback and create awesome industrial designs.
- Working across teams to establish an industrial design identity for Ross Video hardware
- Independently identifying design problems and opportunities
- Sketching cool ideas and creating slick renderings
- Evaluating and optimizing product manufacturability, and working to ensure that designs are practical, beautiful, and cost efficient
- Working with R&D to continually find new approaches and ways to create physical products
- Working closely with the corporate marketing team and senior management team, to ensure designs are consistent with corporate branding and messaging
- Contributing to general design tasks and reviews
- Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or a related field with experience preferable
- Solid knowledge of design for manufacturability practices
- Ability to create both exploratory sketches and final renders
- Able to hold complex design discussions with multiple stakeholders and integrate feedback
- Ability to use CAD to communicate designs and create renders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Graphic design skills and/or UI design skills an asset
- Experience with control panel design or enclosure design an asset
WHY WORK FOR ROSS VIDEO?
We can help you flourish. You will get to develop and deliver innovative technological solutions for the entertainment industry. You will be part of the Ross Video family working in harmony to make that happen. We think that’s a pretty energizing environment.
We value our people and listen to their feedback. We offer great perks, like fitness and book allowances, and flexible hours. Once we return to the office, you’ll also have access to free coffee and soft drinks (and a commercial espresso machine for when you need that extra jolt), team building events, BBQ’s, and other fun activities. You’ll also get to work on real-world projects that have a meaningful impact to our customers and are in use all over the world, every day.
WE’RE GROWING FAST
That means we are always looking for better ways to adapt our work environment and processes to meet the high demands of our customers. Our roles morph, we volunteer for extra tasks, we all care a lot about helping good things happen. If you don’t like change, you’re in the wrong place. But if you do, then you can be part of an incredible journey.