Ross Video is looking for a Manager to join our Large Switcher Product team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee hardware, software and FPGA developers, assign them to projects, including, scheduling of tasks and monitoring progress.
- Helping guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Responsible for all HR related activities, including recruitment and performance management.
- Participating in peer-review of solution designs and related code.
- Designing, developing and testing applications in accordance with established standards.
- Collaborating with the team lead and developers to plan, design, develop, test and maintain collaboration solutions services.
- Designing installation, integration and operation of our programmable embedded technologies.
- Assessing, testing, troubleshooting, documenting, upgrading and developing maintenance procedures for our programmable embedded technologies.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements and development of logical and physical specifications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Designing, developing and/or reviewing architected modules and systems supporting new technology or improving capability/performance of existing functionality.
- Breaking down functional requirements into well-defined tasks.
- Researching fundamental problems and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Architecting solutions to satisfy project requirements.
- Writing and reviewing design specifications.
- Working on project management to break down designs into tasks and effort estimates.
- New Product Introduction to manufacturing
- 5-10 years of experience as a Software Developer, Hardware Developer, FPGA Developer, or related field.
- 3-5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience with ARM multiprocessor systems within an embedded Linux environment; knowledge of software design for embedded systems with a mix of applications, library and driver development.
- Experience with FPGA processing systems
- Experience of HW development – prototype and NPI
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- Knowledge of revision control systems, branching and tagging methodologies.
- Knowledge of production switchers and video technology is an asset