Product Manager, Audio, Switchers (Job Req. #2021-055)
Product Manager, Audio
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for the execution of and participation in all activities related to the marketing and development of audio production solutions, in co-ordination with the Product VP. Your role is a mix between Product Management, Product Marketing and Sales Support.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
This is a cross product group position and requires direct collaboration with all R&D teams and Product Managers as necessary.
- Identify audio product / solution requirements for fully integrated Ross production systems
- Create and maintain inter-departmental product development roadmaps in conjunction with other PMs
- Articulates product vision, identifies corresponding metrics and measuring progress against metrics
- Optimizes the value of the work produced by the development team
- Serves as the voice of the customer
- Owns the product backlog, which is articulated as user stories
- Collaborates with development team to articulate user stories at the correct level of detail
- Experiments with new products and technologies to explore potential integration points of first- and third-party products into the overall solution.
- Collaborates with user experience designers to produce designs that support product direction
- Produces and supports the creation of relevant product documentation – end user guides, release notes etc.
- Negotiates backlog priorities with stakeholders, including Ross executives, customers, partners, development team, Product Director and Technical Product Manager
- Produces customer and user experience strategy, conducts research with customers and users and produces related artifacts, including personas, scenarios, focus groups, interviews, surveys
- Maintains a series of artifacts used to communicate product direction with stakeholders: product roadmap, release plan, product backlog, user stories
- Integrates ideas from customers, sales force, and engineering into killer product idea
Maintenance and evolution of market and product strategy, including:
- Aligning product brand, customer, and user experience with Ross brand
- Researching market problems and competitive landscape
- Establishing a distinctive competitive market position
- Pricing strategies
- Creating and sharing roadmap and release plans
- Develop and implement key marketing initiatives related to the product
- Preparation of sales and dealer information packages
- Planning for key trade shows (IBC, NAB)
- Establish and foster community of internal and external expert users using social media engagement – Twitter, LinkedIn, Online Forums, and blogs
- Responsible for influencing and curating end-to-end customer experience
- Responsibility for influencing increased sales in the product line
- Inspire and motivate sales staff to sell product & software maintenance
- Keep sales force up to date with new product status
- Sales training
- Dealer training
- Travel to support key onsite customer demos and presentations
- Attendance at key tradeshows
- Key customer liaison
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience developing, selling & marketing broadcast audio equipment or working a live production setting.
- Experience working in or around broadcast television and television news or live production.
- A solid understanding of broadcast & IT Systems
- Familiarity with hardware & software development processes
- Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Bonus points if you have the following:
- A degree in business, marketing, or audio engineering
- Experience developing, selling & marketing broadcast audio equipment
- Hands on experience with broadcast audio technology or within in a live production setting
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.