Product Specialist – Signal Processing Gear (Job Req, #2021-015)
Product Specialist, Signal Processing Gear
The Product Specialist is a customer-facing champion for the Signal Processing product line. They help customers best achieve their live production creative, technical and business objectives. They act as the voice of the customer in the product team.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Pre-sales consultancy with customers to gather requirements and then guide the design of their project’s infrastructure.
- Produce workflow and wiring diagrams and participate in key customer demonstrations and proofs-of-performance.
- Author whitepapers, application notes and educational videos.
- Address the technical responses to tender documents (RFI and RFP responses), working into sales managers.
- Provide front line support for all technical issues that are escalated from TS and collaborate with Dev team as needed to provide resolution.
- Coordinate and participate in initial commissioning requirements for all new product releases.
- Champion internal training for Signal Processing products – Tech Support, DTE, PV, and Manufacturing.
- Provide technical guidance and ensure technical accuracy of promotional literature, catalog, website, and other customer-facing content.
- Be the voice of the customer within the product team; assist in the development of customer personas and develop problem statements based on field experience.
- Participate in product roadmap development.
- Participate in development sprint demos and provide feedback from a customer persona / problem statement point-of-view, especially related to the usability and user interfaces.
- Participate in trade show planning and execution.
- Participate in interoperability events, proof-of-concept labs, and to track standards development efforts.
- Review sales collateral for completeness, technical accuracy, and problem/solution fit.
You should have experience with:
- Post-secondary degree or trade school diploma preferred
- 5+ years of experience with broadcast equipment in pre- or post-sales environments
- Customer facing technical support expertise
- Experience in selling and marketing broadcast equipment preferred
- Broadcast design experience
- Technical training experience
- A good understanding of broadcast video signal standards, including SDI, AES, analog audio and video
- Well versed in IP networking technologies and concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio
- Able to take complex technical details and convey the information to others in an easy-to-understand manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and very detail orientated
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Able to work co-operatively with and across all company departments
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Understanding of broadcast IP standards an asset
- A good understanding of broadcast control protocols preferred
- Background in programming, scripting, and databases is favored
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.