Ross Video powers video production for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions. We are looking for a dynamic, customer focused self-starter to join our IT team as a Lab Technician.
The Lab Technician’s focus is to maintain the equipment in the R&D labs essential for supporting R&D’s development projects and ongoing product support. This includes but is not limited to maintaining the rack rooms and equipment, coordinating all equipment moves into and out of the lab and rack rooms, setting up servers, managing physical space and lab security. The Lab Technician plays an essential role in partnering with R&D development teams to ensure optimal organization and use of the labs.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Take ownership and maintain all product development labs, including the Quality Assurance labs and the
- Product Line Development labs; including organization, safety, cleanliness and ensuring equipment remains in good working order.
- In partnership with development teams, plan and implement ongoing improvements to the R&D Labs; provide recommendations for and assist in the organization of the labs.
- Ensure timely, but sensible, repair and calibration of all lab test equipment.
- Maintain all rack diagrams and run lists of cables in the lab.
- Responsible for providing input to annual budgeting and new capital requirements to maintain all labs in optimal working condition.
- Maintain the inventory system for all labs.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests from the users of the labs through ticketing system.
- This position requires lifting, bending, stooping in order to maintain lab area and equipment
You should have:
- College or university degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years lab experience in R&D/product development environment
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent demands while maintaining a professional attitude
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to all client requests; solid trouble-shooting skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS-Office package and general computer software
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Knowledge of Ross Video products and/or broadcast/television production an asset.
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.