We are looking for a professional Embedded Software Developer to execute complete embedded software development lifecycle for Ross Video’s world leading Acuity large video switcher. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software in the C and C++ programming languages.
This position is located at our Ottawa Research & Development facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect a solution to satisfy project requirements.
- Code a new feature.
- Push software changes in SVN and tag a new release.
- Peer review another designer’s software changes.
- Write and review a feature specification.
- Work with management to break down a design into tasks and effort estimates.
- Work with product management to understand customer requirements.
- Work with a product verification specialist to debug a failing test case.
- Spend some time in the lab teaching a co-op how to debug a problem.
- Work with a hardware designer to understand how a feature is implemented.
- Work with technical support to help resolve a customer problem from the field.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Proven working experience in software development.
- Strong C and C++ coding skills.
- A Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Computer Science or in a related area with appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of GNU Make systems.
- Knowledge of Linux Open Source development tools.
- Above average Linux computer skills.
- Knowledge of low level and/or real time programming.
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting multithreaded applications.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Knowledge of Linux scripting is an asset.
- Knowledge of television production is an asset.
- Knowledge of broadcast, audio, and video standards is an asset.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting multiprocessor systems is an asset.
Office, Moderate Noise