Dashboard – Software Developer
WHAT’S IN THE JOB?
Be part of the team that connects different technologies together into brilliant, easy-to-use, customer-focused solutions. Our team leverages Ross Video’s Emmy-Award-winning DashBoard user interface technology to create customized applications that allows one or more operators to do everything from playing video clips on a 58-foot tall wrap-around score board, to blasting water cannons 75-feet to the sky, to sending a robotic camera zooming across the stage of a concert.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle – requirements gathering, scoping, design, implementation, documentation, testing and maintenance
- Write code across the full stack – UI, back end services, and data storage
- Provide design reviews and code reviews for fellow team members promoting high-quality work, sound software methodologies and attention to detail
- Backend development experience with a thorough understanding of object oriented software design, data structures, algorithms and data storage
- Excellent software development skills in an object-oriented language such as Java with solid debugging skills
- Understanding of user interface development, TCP/IP, and UDP
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Swing UI experience would be considered an asset
- 1-15+ years of relevant experience (we have several positions to fill!)
WHY WORK FOR ROSS VIDEO?
We can help you flourish. You will get to develop and deliver innovative technological solutions for the entertainment industry. You will be part of the Ross Video family working in harmony to make that happen. We think that’s a pretty energizing environment.
We value our people and listen to their feedback. We offer great perks, flexible hours, free coffee and soft drinks (and a commercial espresso machine for when you need that extra jolt), team building events, BBQ’s, and other fun activities. You’ll also get to work on real-world projects that have a meaningful impact to our customers and are in use all over the world, every day.
WE’RE GROWING FAST
That means we are always looking for better ways to adapt our work environment and processes to meet the high demands of our customers. Our roles morph, we volunteer for extra tasks, we all care a lot about helping good things happen. If you don’t like change, you’re in the wrong place. But if you do, then you can be part of an incredible journey.