Technical Support Specialist (Job Req. # 2021-011 & 2022-012)
Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing phone-based technical support as well as onsite support on a as needed basis for Ross Video products, assists customers in resolving issues by providing solutions to technical and service problems and provides the “Superior Customer Experience” through effective handling of customer issues or concerns.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues through a tracking system
- Prepare accurate and timely reports, as needed
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base technical notes and articles
- Expedite returned material from the field for service reasons
- Provide effective installation and commissioning services, technical product training and on-site support, as required. This may require travel on short notice.
You should have experience with:
- Technical diploma and knowledge of broadcast systems
- Customer service experience in a technical support environment
- Must be proficient in the English language (read, write, speak)
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Keen attention to detail with accurate record keeping
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Additional education and computer courses are assets
- Prior knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM systems will be an asset