Job Title: Sr. Video Processing FPGA Designer
Dept.: Department, # 575
Reports to: Nick Bulitka
Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Architect, design, and advance, video processing solutions in camera products using FPGAs.
- Own the entire FPGA design and verification process.
- Implement video processing algorithms.
- Develop testbenches and other verification methodologies as required.
- Design easily extendable architectures.
- Collaborate with the entire product development team and recognize that overall success means everybody on the team needs to succeed.
- Produce and maintain design documentation.
- Efficient and systematic debugging skills.
- Ability to judiciously optimize the design to achieve performance, but still meeting the schedule.
- Perform technical performance benchmarking and analyses to support engineering decisions.
- Translate use case requirements into high-level design requirements and be able to drill down to detailed design requirements.
- Ability to recognize when a design is “good enough” for a given application.
- In short, deploy computer vision solutions into the field by writing production quality code.
- Solid understanding of the entire FPGA development cycle.
- Established track record of being able to architect robust timing compliant designs that are easily maintainable and extendable.
- Vitis, Vivado, and Quartus tool workflows.
- Broad experience with high speed video processing at the
- FPGA and firmware levels demonstrated by successful product launches.
- VHDL and Verilog.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Crystal clear communicator in both intra- and inter-departmental contexts.
- Organized, detail orientated with solid observational skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and can work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and project deadlines. Able to seek out resources required to “get the job done”.
- Able to work independently or as part of a dynamic team.
- Incessant customer focus and tremendous pride of ownership are vital.
- Ability to zoom in to focus on the weeds when needed, but also possesses the ability to zoom out for higher level overview approaches as required.
- Ability to work with incomplete information, yet still move the projects ahead through real-time clarification of blocking issues and judicious assumptions which are subsequently validated.
- Recognizes the need for the right amount of documentation.
- Be able to mentor and willing to be mentored.
- Knowledge of the digital camera image processing pipeline and image processing concepts.
- Experience with the entire FPGA development cycle using VHDL or Verilog, preferably based on video processing designs.
- XILINX Zynq UltraScale+ and Altera FPGAs.
- Arm multicore development experience.
- Comfortable interfacing the FPGA to firmware.
- An interest in embedded AI would be a huge asset.
- Familiarity with digital video standards and protocols.
- Experience interfacing to Xilinx or 3rd party IP cores.
- Robotic motion control experience would be awesome.
- Agile software methodologies would be beneficial
- Minimum 5 years of FPGA design and verification experience in a development environment.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid passport
- May involve customer site visits.
- Office, lab, moderate Noise