Software Developer, User Interfaces and Control Systems (Job Req #2020-156)
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Work with R&D team members to design, write, edit, and test software as per the SPECIFICATIONS or guidelines.
- This will include writing and reviewing documentation related to the code, including requirements documents, design documents and test documents.
- Extend XAML/WPF-based existing control system through addition of new features and bug fixes.
- Contribute significantly to the development of next generation control systems.
- Become an expert in Ross Robotics products. This expertise will be gained through a review of the current documentation and code, direct contact with the product itself and working with the other team members.
- Act as an occasional trainer/field support for existing and potential customers on an as required basis in a professional manner.
- Advise and make recommendations on matters relating to software development, including suggestions around code refactoring.
- Respond to internal issues regarding software as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Solid C# and/or Java coding skills
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Computer Science or in a related area with appropriate experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux command line environments.
Additional desirable skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of XAML/WPF is desirable
- Knowledge of MS Visual Studio IDE is an asset
- Knowledge of Eclipse IDE is an asset
- C++ experience is an asset
- Knowledge of real time systems is an asset
- Knowledge of physics as relates to linear and circular motion
- Knowledge of mechatronics, or control theory and systems
- Knowledge of video production would an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and observational skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Self-starter, quick learner and able to work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and project deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Previous experience working in an Agile development group is an asset.
- Experience with event-driven user interface programming
- Experience building Eclipse-based applications with a user interface component is an asset