Broadcast Engineer II (Job Req. #2021-079)
Broadcast Engineer II
At Ross Mobile Productions (Ross MP), we power video production for hundreds of shows each year across the United States and the World using the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions, you will help create. Our company is experiencing steady growth in eSports, entertainment and sports and is searching for a dynamic, self-motivated, highly technical doer to take Ross MP engineering to the next level.
Ross Mobile Productions currently has 6 of the most powerful small mobile units in the Industry, a studio and fly packs at all levels. Be a part of events for the biggest networks, eSports companies and media brands. Be a part of Ross MP.
As a Broadcast Engineer II at Ross MP, you will work with a team of like-minded experts building and then engineering trucks and fly packs with the latest and greatest Ross equipment. You will then deploy what your team builds in remote events for the top networks and brands in several industries. As an experienced engineer and Ross leader, you will begin to develop new/creative/innovative technical offerings that will meet our customer’s needs, help differentiate Ross and Ross MP in the market place and continue the business’ steady expansion.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Working with dedicated broadcast hardware including all Ross products and other best standard industry equipment.
- Doing system design and building and on site integration and set up to include video path, audio path, fiber linked systems, digital video compression and transmission standards, PC networking, Master Control facilities and hub, and network storage systems. This will include broadcast trucks, fly packs and fiber kits.
- Do Tech Books, Tech Manage Crew on site, Set up Shipments to or from shows.
- Manage and run your own truck, work with E2 and Equipment Manager on the inventory of your truck.
- Help give suggestions to the team on how to improve a system.
- Interacting daily with customers at the event and deliver the Ross MP experience.
- Working closely with Producers for the event and assist with managing the crew.
- Pack and unpack your truck and drive to and from Remotes with your E2 .
- Build shows from the ground up, including router configuration, signal flow troubleshooting, and working with various technicians to establish show requirements and turn them into executed solutions.
- Able to coordinate transmission and set up transmission for your show.
- Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Provide guidance and training to E2 and/or less experienced team members.
- Responsible end-to-end for large scale events, overseeing extensive crew.
We will offer you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge broadcast production solutions, to be part of a passionate & talented team, we will send you to fascinating places to engineers shows at the highest levels (we estimate that you could travel more then 50% of the time so make sure your driver’s license and passport are valid!).
You should have:
If you are a excellent technical mind with 4+ years of relevant, hands-on experience and want to work with the coolest technology on the best events and maximize your potential, alongside a team of Ross superstars, this role may be just for you. If you are familiar with broadcast signal flow or networking, have built or engineered equipment, worked on the technical side of the live event industry or love technology and trends, and you want to be the best at what you do, please apply! If, on top of all this, you like sports and eSports, perform well under pressure and love challenges, then we want to meet you.
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.