Hardware Architect Manager (Job Req. #2020-181)
The Hardware/Architect Manager will provide leadership and guidance to a talented and innovative team to deliver products for next generation Ross Camera Motion System products. They will provide guidance and steer the architecture of the existing and new products to help shape the roadmap to meet and exceed customer and market demands.
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Guide the team to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions designed for manufacture.
- Manage and guide the processes for our Camera Motion Systems Hardware and Mechanical teams to deliver products for the broadcast market
- Advise and make recommendations on matters relating to hardware development and mechanical design, in order to provide a basis for decision making and planning
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to the hardware and mechanical design teams, including managing schedules, verification of work, and monitoring progress, while working with the release primes
- Work closely with software engineers and the other teams as necessary to ensure appropriate HW/SW interfaces and partitioning of the design
- Respond to internal and customer issues regarding hardware and mechanical projects
- Approve/create hardware design specifications in response to Product Design Requirements
- Assist in the development of the product roadmap
- Work closely with the VP and other managers to guide projects to completion
- Support Technical Product Manager as required
- Become an expert in Ross Camera Motion System products
- Oversee HR related activities for the team including training, career development, and performance management
You should have experience with:
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum of five years as a technical team lead or in a management role
- 10+ years of hardware development experience
- Exceptional understanding of design process and requirements, ideally Agile experience
- Experience in cost reduction and customer driven products
- Experience in architecture design
- Mechatronics experience
- Proven design experience – innovation, within budget and timescales of project.
- Expert in managing hardware and mechanical projects including task breakdowns, effort estimates, schedules and tracking
- Knowledge of professional broadcast standards and equipment
- Above average Linux/PC/Windows computer skills
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.