Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of material through the production cycle. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules. Coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, and engineering. Develops specifications for new contract orders.
Nature of Duties/ Responsibilities
- Reviews forecast and backlog to determine material and capacity requirements and provides commitments to customers in a very dynamic, high-mix production environment.
- Performs planning and scheduling functions to coordinate the acquisition and movement of material and product through manufacturing processes to shipping.
- Proactively identifies areas of potential demand and supply concerns, analyzes capacity constraints and material shortages, and communicates recommendations to all parties involved.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions related to demand analysis, material planning, production scheduling, and customer commitments.
- Conducts what-if simulations for advanced material analysis.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 2 years’ related experience.
- Experience in material requirements planning and production scheduling, preferably in the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of MRP and experience using Oracle.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple demands.
- Able to work effectively in a team environments.
- APICS certification considered an asset.
Sanmina welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.