Process Engineering Support – SMT Programming
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
To create SMT programs, 3D paste inspection programs, oven profiles, online debug and support of products and tools in a manufacturing environment on the evening shift.
Nature of Duties/ Responsibilities
- “First Time Build” process execution and reporting of issues to Manufacturing Engineering.
- Troubleshoots and analyze process performance problems on the SMT lines such as identifying polarity of components, feeder tape direction and shape code issues.
- Responsible for performing programming and maintaining programs for Fuji and Universal Equipment, Screen printers and 3D paste inspection used to assemble electronic PC boards.
- Create Shape codes and their parameters in library, look up data sheets, select feeders and nozzle sizes.
- Use Aegis, factory logics, Fujiflexa, Koh Young, agile, mole and oven software.
- Develops and maintains other SMT related processes, writes profiles and monitors equipment lines.
- To ensure proper program performance, process efficiency, and ongoing quality.
- Works with production, engineering and machine operators to maintain equipment and to ensure efficient operation of work centers to meet production schedules.
- Implement Engineering changes.
- Perform mole profiling for ovens and use Nitrogen when required.
Education and Experience
- 1 year experience in SMT processes and programming.
- Experience with SMT MAPs.
- Creating shape code libraries, and identifying polarity of components.
- Ability to identify customer data issues and feedback to have them corrected.
- Experience with SMT Stencil ordering and reviewing cut files would be an asset.
- Experience with SMT manufacturing.
- Experience with Fuji Flexa, CAM350, factory logics and Aegis.
- Experience with Auto CAD would be an asset.
- A practical understanding of Quality Standard such as TL9000 and methodologies such as 5S, TQM and Lean Manufacturing would be an asset.
- Experience with implementing engineering changes.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- College Diploma in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Sanmina welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.