Network Operations Centre (NOC) Manager
Website SSi Canada
People, Ideas, Technology
Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Kanata (Ottawa), SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. Over the past 30 years, SSi has become a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband, and wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
We are actively searching for an experienced NOC Manager to manage the day-to-day activities of our 24/7 365 Telecommunications Network. You will coordinate, supervise, track, and provide oversight to our dynamic Network Operations team as they monitor systems, and deliver swift and accurate responses to all alerts and customer requests.
If you are an assertive and highly motivated individual who has the ability to lead a team, enjoys troubleshooting escalated technical issues, has experience evaluating and implementing innovative solutions to network problems, and makes customer satisfaction the number one priority, you should definitely apply to this fantastic opportunity!
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. The compensation package will be aligned to the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Manage the scheduling and day-to-day activities of our 24/7 365 NOC team as they monitor systems, respond to alerts, and handle support requests
- Provide analysis of NOC performance, monitoring, and reporting on customer satisfaction, and identify opportunities for improvement in processes and systems
- Direct the troubleshooting of major system issues with the assistance of the Network Platform Specialist (Network Architect) by leveraging monitoring tools and established procedures
- Manage escalations with upstream providers and internal support groups for timely resolutions
- Manage relationships with all transport providers and equipment vendors to ensure they meet SLA objectives
- Update and maintain training material, systems documentation, and policy & procedures manuals
- Work directly with departmental leads to determine service level objectives and report on the performance of those objectives to senior management
- Coach, mentor, and train NOC team and new employees
- Manage performance, provide feedback, and evaluate progress of NOC staff
- Support and manage NOC team, initiate continual service improvement process, and take lead approach to Incident/Change Management process:
- Identify process/policy gaps, lead immediate corrective activities to implement recommended improvements
- Ensure adherence to policies/procedures relating to Operations Management throughout organization
- Ensure that timely, accurate communications for service assurance issues are being sent to stakeholder community while major events are ongoing
- Lead in employee recruiting, training and development effort
- Other duties that interest you!
You’re a Natural Fit, Because You Have:
- Previous NOC leadership experience
- 3-5 years’ experience providing oversight for incident, problem, and change management tools and processes
- 3-5 years experience supporting/leading technical teams responsible for the operation of a mission-critical environment
- 3-5 years’ experience selecting, implementing operating and improving monitoring tools, systems and processes
- Experience implementing, configuring and troubleshooting telecom networks and equipment
- An understanding of mobile, networking, and satellite infrastructure
- Excellent communication and leadership skills – people enjoy working with you
- Good documentation skills
- Availability for periodic after-hours escalations
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!