Sr. Project Manager
Website SSi Canada
People, Ideas, Technology
Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Kanata (Ottawa), SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. With over 25 years of operating experience, SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband, and wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
SSi is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Project Manager to manage the organization of key telecom projects. If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about delivering a next generation showcase in Canada’s Arctic, then we look forward to meeting you!
This position will be responsible for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget. To do so, the Sr. Project Manager will develop and adhere to project scopes and objectives, while ensuring technical feasibility, and will coordinate internal resources, partners, suppliers and all relevant stakeholders.
If you are a quality-focused Project Manager looking to build your career, and if shaping our project management processes, executing the larger projects for the team, and providing leadership to other management projects all sound exciting to you, then consider joining our progressive and growing company!
- Produce Project Charters, WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and Project Plans (Gantt);
- Ensure resource availability and allocation;
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress;
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scopes, schedules and costs;
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques;
- Report on a regular and timely basis to management, and escalate reports as needed;
- Establish and manage relationships with all project-related stakeholders, suppliers and relevant third parties;
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Other duties that interest you!
You’re a Natural Fit, Because You Have:
- A great educational background in the field of project management with some specialization in telecom and engineering;
- Proven work experience as a project manager in the telecom or information technology sector;
- A solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in wireless, telephony and data networks;
- The ability to manage timelines, dependencies, project expectations, milestones and resource allocation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset);
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- A strong leader who knows how to work with and motivate high performing individuals and teams and get the job done;
PMP / PRINCE II certification is a definite plus!
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!