Intermediate FPGA Designer
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
- Highly motivated, Intermediate FPGA Designer
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Interested to work on a variety of projects, in different market segments
What you’ll do
- As a member of the FPGA development team, you will:
- Work in an agile team of hardware developers, test engineers, and technical product managers
- Devise, develop, and test FPGA firmware for different markets such as Industrial, Consumer, and Telecom
- Interact with customers and help them develop solutions that will contribute to their success
What you need to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 – 15 years of hands-on hardware design and verification experience for FPGA technologies
- Experience in implementing high speed SERDES based protocols such as CPRI, Ethernet (10G), JESD
- Experience with ultra high speed ADC and DAC sub-systems targeting communication architectures (including interpolation and decimation blocks)
- Experience with UVM verification techniques and strategies
- Experience in synthesis and attaining timing closure using Xilinx and Intel design flows.
- Expert in verification technologies necessary to implement complex protocols and physical layer devices.
- Experience with system on chip design methodologies targeting Intel and Xilinx architectures.
- Experience producing design and verification documentation (specifications, test reports, etc.)
- Knowledge of embedded design, including microcontrollers, serial interfaces (I2C, SPI etc), and high-speed memory (DDR3 and DDR4)
- Good debugging skills
What will make us REALLY love you
- Prior experience in FPGA based implementations for a software defined radio and digital wireless solutions
- Solid foundation in DSP and wireless standards covering 3G, 4G and 5G
- Experience with implementing IEEE1588 PTP
- Familiar with OFDMA and LTE-A system design
- Experienced in interfacing with RF transceivers from multiple vendors
- Displays a thirst to stay current and on top of evolving wireless standards
- You have a friendly willingness to collaborate and play nice with others
- We can see that you have a love for project-based work and staying at the top of your technical game
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
Who we are
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.