Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
- Highly motivated engineer who designs and analyzes mechanical systems supporting electro-mechanical product and test system development.
- Designer with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant going above and beyond our customers’ expectations and requirements
- Professional with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
- Minimum 5-8 years of applicable work experience, preferably in electronics product development
What you’ll do
You will be involved in the development of mechanical design solutions for electronics products supporting Syntronic’s cross-industry customer base: Telecom, Industrial, Medical, Mil-Areo, Consumer, etc. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, design and document mechanical assemblies and components including but not limited to fabricated metal components (milled, turned, stamped, and cast components), plastic injection molded components, and wire assemblies and cabling as needed.
- Development of solutions for electronics enclosures for thermal management, EMI/RF containment, sealing and ruggedization to meet customer environmental requirements
- Develop, design and document manufacturing, manufacturing test, and assembly fixtures and contribute to writing the manufacturing documentation for these fixtures’ implementation.
- Investigate and solve problems as it relates to mechanical functionality of mechanical components and assemblies.
- Write engineering change notices.
- Perform component research for replacement components.
- Support manufacturing engineering as needed in investigating and solving manufacturing problems.
- Assist with assessment of suppliers and supplied product conformance.
What you need to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.)/ Master’s Degree (MS) from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering
Preferred but not required experience in Solidworks Simulation (Structural) and Flow Simulation (CFD) .
- Minimum 5-8 years of applicable electronics industry work experience, working with Solidworks and/or CREO design tool suite.
What will make us REALLY love you
- A friendly willingness to collaborate and play nice with others
- Have a passion for project-based work and staying on top of your technical game
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities– being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
Who we are
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.