Radio Hardware Integration Engineer
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
- Intermediate/senior radio hardware systems designer
Highly motivated hardware professionals
- Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
- Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
You will be an integral contributor to a team responsible for the functional and performance validation of Hardware and Software components of new multi-standard radio products. The candidate will optimize the performance of integrated radio products to meet specified 3GPP industry standards and internal system requirements. You will be responsible for:
- Analyzing new product designs and corresponding performance requirements
- Define scope of integration and plan integration activities
- Identify new equipment and software required to perform integration activities
- Prepare lab environment including both HW (test equipment) and software components
- Define test coverage required for integration of radio unit HW and SW
- Implement test and validation methods for optimal integration coverage
- Develop all necessary calibration and performance optimization procedures
- Define robustness and stress test required for new product
- Perform required validation and test of radio product
- Analyze results in conjunction with Hardware, Software and Systems engineering teams to identify and root cause product issues
- Perform statistical analysis of measurement data to estimate expected parameter margins and yield
- Produce documentation as per radio design and integration processes
- Drive continuous improvements of processes and product quality
What you need to get the job done
- Solid understanding of basic communications and wireless systems theory and technology
Solid knowledge of radio standards (2G, 3G, WCDMA, LTE, WiFi, 5G)
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP specifications, especially in the area of Radio performance characteristics
- Recent experience with RF hardware design and integration
- BSc level in Electrical Engineering or related discipline and a minimum of five years of industry experience
- Proven experience with RF test and basic lab instruments including spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, multimeters and power supplies
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure
- Good problem solving and trouble-shooting capacity
What will make us REALLY love you
- Experience using ADS and/or Matlab simulation tools
- Ability to develop and maintain scripts and software in one or more of these languages: Agilent VEE, Labview, C#, Python
- Initiative, good team player and able to work independently in fast paced development environment.
- Experience in project management and coordination
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
What we do
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.