Radio Hardware Systems Designer
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
- Intermediate/senior radio hardware systems designer
- Highly motivated hardware professionals
- Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
- Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
You will be an integral contributor to a team responsible for activities pertaining to design of new multi-standard radio hardware at the physical layer. You will be responsible for:
- Systemization and requirements decomposition of new radio products into lower level design blocks.
- Formal requirements documentation and traceability.
- Contribute to systems studies, primarily in the area of Radio hardware and Radio performance
- Contribute to continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
- Mentor/coach more junior members within the Systems or broader hardware development team
What you need to get the job done
- Solid understanding of basic communications and wireless systems theory and technology
- Solid knowledge of radio standards (2G, 3G, WCDMA, LTE, WiFi, 5G)
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP specifications, especially in the area of Radio performance characteristics
- You must possess a Masters or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area or equivalent experience with at least 7 years of relevant demonstrated experience
- Strong knowledge of RF test instruments.
- Experience in the development and analysis of simulations, knowledge of simulation environments like ADS and/or MATLAB
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure
- Good problem solving and trouble-shooting capacity
What will make us REALLY love you
- Initiative, good team player and able to work independently in fast paced development environment.
- Experience in project management and coordination
Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
What we do
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.