Senior Digital Hardware Designer
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of state of the art embedded hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we are looking for
- Highly motivated hardware professionals
- Motivated developers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
- Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
- You will work in a cross functional development team in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Your role will include all development activities such as requirement analysis, block diagrams, schematic capture, work closely with the layout team to produce a high quality PCB, write design specification, write and execute designer verification test plans/results, understand and meet project schedules, cost, DFT, DFM, simulation, and integration.
What you MUST have to get the job done
- 10-15 years’ experience and bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to lead a complete design from start to finish
- Ability to read and comprehend various hardware specifications
- Ability to review customer or marketing SOWs and PRDs
- Ability to write detailed design documents and create detailed spreadsheets
- Willing to do DVT work as well as design work (own the full product cycle)
- Experience in design and testing of analog and digital circuitry to realize embedded system design
Microcontrollers, memory, A/D and D/A conversion, signal processing, sensors high Speed serial interfaces, CPRI, PCI-E, Ethernet and JESD protocols
- Experience with DDR3 and DDR4 memory designs and layout USB, SPI, I2C, WPAN, WLAN,
- Constraints management and coordinating PCB layout activities
- Experience with FPGA devices
- Driving issues to closure
- Schematic capture (Concept, Allegro)
- Ability to participate in project scheduling and to meet the schedule that is agreed to
What will make us REALLY love you
- You have a friendly willingness to collaborate and play nice with others
- We can see that you have a love for project-based work and staying at the top of your technical game
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
Who we are
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.