Senior Embedded Software Developer (Wireless)
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
- Highly motivated software professionals
- Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
- Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
You will be an integral contributor to a team responsible for designing, implementing and troubleshooting software functionalities for 4G/5G base station products You will be responsible for:
- Implementing, troubleshooting and integrating complex software functionalities in C/C++ code, in a multi-core target environment
- Applying knowledge of real-time software development and wireless communication protocols (4G/5G NR)
- Designing, coding and testing solutions in a timely manner
- Documenting system analysis, software designs and test plans
- Following an Agile product development process, working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date
What you need to get the job done
- 5+ years’ experience and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Basic understanding of the LTE/5G NR standards (3GPP specifications)
- Strong C/C++ programming skills and experience with software configuration management tools in Git/Gerrit
- Experience with software development for multi-core architectures
- Experience in 4G/5G L2 development with strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in L3 and L1 on wireless system is a plus
What will make us REALLY love you
- Strong troubleshooting skills in a large-scale system
- Outstanding problem-solving ability, including debugging / analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce clear documentation for both colleagues and customer
- A friendly willingness to collaborate and play nice with others
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
Who we are
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.