Are you a member who is looked upon by others for your technical abilities? Are you one who can inspire others to excel? Are you ready to take the next step to lead a team, engage in a leadership role and interface with customers directly? If so, come and be part of our team specializing in the design and development of embedded automotive software”
What we’re looking for
- Highly motivated software professionals
- Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
- Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
You will be an integral leader to a team responsible for designing, implementing, and troubleshooting software functionalities for embedded automotive applications. You will be responsible for:
- Provide technical leadership and managerial guidance to a team of embedded software developers in a customer-focused software service environment
- Be the direct technical interface to the client while also holding both human resource line management and project management responsibility
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to client and lead technical conversation with a variety of stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to comprehend and adapt to clients’ changing goals and priorities, review customers’ requirements and feature requests, provide development effort estimates and address uncertainties
- Work closely with the development teams to architect and set the technical goals for the team. Guide and review technical design and approach alongside with subject-matter-experts
- Establish / Clarify workflow and processes with the team, ensuring customers’ processes, technical documentation and quality standards are followed throughout the development cycle
- Work with the team in an agile environment, facilitate the team’s day to day activities by removing obstacles and adjusting priorities on an on-going basis
- Work closely and effectively with other software development, systems engineering, and verification teams
- Recruit, coach, and mentor staff to grow the team’s capability and individual’s career aspiration
What you need to get the job done
- BS or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ year experience in an embedded software development role
- 2+ year experience in a technical leadership and/or people management role
- Ability to discuss and dive deep into technology concepts with technical team members
- Experience in managing agile software development team with continuous integration and release management
What will make us REALLY love you
- Be a team player and demonstrate willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within rigorous deadlines
- Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a software service environment
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
What we do
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.