Software Engineer Networking
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
- Highly motivated software professionals
- Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
- Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
You will work in a cross functional development team in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work. Your role will include:
- All development activities such as requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, software design, coding, unit testing, integration, verification, simulation.
What you MUST have to get the job done
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++ and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience working Broadcom Strata DNX or Strata XGS series products, including BCM SDK and PHYs integration.
- Board bring up, EFI, u-boot, developing applications for Linux OS
- Working knowledge of Linux kernel, device drivers, network subsystem
- Device driver development for peripherals and buses: Ethernet, PCIe, UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO
- Knowledge of L2/L3 networking, protocols and tools.
- Linux User space driver development
- Understand HW schematics, datasheets
- Experience using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers
What will make us REALLY love you
- Experience in VxWorks, QNX, RTLinux and other UNIX based operating systems.
- Knowledge of network synchronization protocols (IEEE1588 PTPC, SyncE)
- Knowledge of the Agile process, and willingness to work in an Agile organization, experience using Jira and Confluence
- Hands-on system level troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- You have a friendly willingness to collaborate and play nice with others
- We can see that you have a love for project-based work and staying at the top of your technical game
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
What we do
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.