Kanata North – Tuesday September 9, 2020 – Canada’s Largest Technology Park and Canada’s Largest Online Talent-Attraction Expo have created a partnership that will allow employers more access to local, national, and international talent than ever before. The Kanata North Business Association has partnered with Ottawa-based International Talent Acquisition Centre (In-TAC) to present a national virtual career fair, in lieu of annual in person event.
Great tech talent is essential for growing companies. However, since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic the landscape of talent attraction and retention has changed. There have been challenges, but with work from anywhere policies becoming more accepted we have a unique opportunity to access a national and even a global talent market.
To support employers in Canada’s largest technology park in taking full advantage, the Discover TechNATA Tech + Talent Expo fair is expanding and going virtual!
“Companies in Kanata North now more than ever, have a unique opportunity to access talent with the use of virtual tools to open their talent recruitment pool across the country and the globe.
In order to serve the growth of KNBA’s talent programs and support the organization’s councils to remain resilient through recovery, the KNBA have embarked on a “digital transformation” of the Discover TechNATA brand to pivot the product offering as a full suite of virtual talent attraction programs in order to support knowledge-based businesses in the technology park in their efforts to attract and retain global talent during this period of economic recovery.” – Jamie Petten, President & Executive Director, Kanata North Business Association
As the KNBA’s flagship event, the Discover TechNATA Tech + Talent Expo has become a cornerstone of the association’s talent programs.
With additional horsepower provided by the In-TAC virtual platform, the Kanata North Business Association will be able to connect talent from anywhere around the globe with available job opportunities in the technology park. With this new partnership, 110+ companies will offer an estimated 4,000 jobs for an expected virtual crowd of up to 20,000 job seekers.
The virtual event will take place over two days between October 6-7, 2020. Exhibitors, Sponsors and Job Seekers can expect new and exciting virtual benefits such as:
- RECRUITMENT EFFICIENCY – Smart resume search features that allow quick shortlisting based on selected criteria to zoom into the talent of highest relevance within seconds for further screening.
- HIGHER VISITOR ATTENDANCE – Talent from anywhere around the globe can join the virtual event.
- CANDIDATE PIPELINES – Access to talent with diverse backgrounds and skillsets that will provide employers with well-rounded candidate pipelines.
- MEASURABLE RESULTS – Measurement of all performance metrics that matter from registrations, attendees, booth visits, webinar views, job applications received, chats initiated, etc.
- POWERFUL EMPLOYER BRANDING – Personalized booths that convey the look, colors, style, and feel of the employer’s branding objectives. Booths are also equipped with sections to share video content, job openings, photo galleries, FAQS, brochures and more to paint an attractive picture reflecting company culture.
- SECURE LIVE CHAT – By incorporating audio, video and text-based chat capabilities, jobseekers can easily reach out to booth representatives. Moreover, booth representatives can also make use of this technology for quick interviewing to screen candidates on the spot.
All participants, exhibitors and attendees, who have purchased a ticket to this year’s Discover TechNata event will receive further information via email regarding ticket information and next steps.
Who should attend Discover TechNATA?
- Employers and companies looking to (virtually) attract potential candidates
- All job seekers! Both students and professionals looking for new opportunities
- Find out who’s hiring, what types of jobs are available, and what you need to land your dream job
- Investors, venture capitalists, foreign ambassadors and government officials who want to meet some of the hottest tech firms in the region
- Media looking for the inside track on who’s hiring and the growth status of Kanata North
- And you, the general public. Learn what’s happening in Kanata’s growing and vibrant tech hub the hundreds of cool careers available
Looking for a job?
- Discover Technata Virtual Career Fair is the place to be!
- Come learn about the vibrant tech scene in Kanata
- Meet with employers and recruiters from local companies (tech and non-tech)
- Connect with tech firms in the virtual space looking to hire
- Learn about the workplace culture, perks and benefits
- And, most importantly, find your dream job!
- Get access to a targeted audience of talent to meet your recruitment needs
- Showcase your business and products to future employees and customers
- Give your team a chance to display the unique culture of your company and the exciting job opportunities
- Excite graduating students about tech careers and entrepreneurship
- Introduce attendees to a thriving ecosystem of innovation and technology and the community of Kanata North.
- Come and experience the growth and success of Canada’s Largest Technology Park and one of the fastest-growing tech hubs at Discover TechNATA Virtual Career Fair!
- To register to attend the Discover Technata Virtual Career Fair
Should you have questions regarding the event and wish to discuss further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.